Want to know the truth about finding the right car accident lawyer San Antonio residents? You’re in the driver’s seat.
Yes, presumably your lawyer has the expertise to shepherd your case through the legal system while you concentrate on recovering from your injuries. But that doesn’t mean you have to sit on the sidelines and hope for the best.
Here are a few things you should expect from your car accident lawyer in San Antonio. And if you aren’t getting most of them, it might be time to seek a different attorney:
- They speak your language. We aren’t just talking English, Spanish, or other second-language skill (though that’s a plus, if multi-language fluency is a skill you need). Your lawyer should be able to translate legalese so you can easily understand what’s taking place.
- They don’t leave you hanging. From day one, your car accident lawyer in San Antonio should extend the common courtesy of responding to your phone calls and emails in a timely fashion. Yes, your attorney has a life outside of work, but if they promise to respond within one business day, they should stick to it.
- They live up to your expectations. Just because a lawyer passed the bar exam doesn’t mean they’re automatically good at what they do. A good car accident lawyer in San Antonio is not only ethical, they are sticklers for getting things right the first time. No one wants a lawyer who misses filing deadlines, shows up to proceedings late or unprepared, or worse, fails to recognize a conflict of interest.
- They’re upfront about their fee structure. When your lawyer answers an email or a quick question via phone call, do they charge for their time? How much? Will you be billed monthly, or did your lawyer take your case on contingency (they’re paid only if they win the case for you)? How are costs calculated? Get everything in writing.
- They tell you what to expect. No good car accident lawyer in San Antonio will allow you to enter a court hearing unprepared for what could and will happen.
Expect the best from your lawyer? Good, because we expect the best of ourselves. Contact our San Antonio personal injury attorneys if you need a car accident lawyer in San Antonio based. We look forward to meeting you.