Accidents happen every day and they can be devastating, not only physically, but also emotionally. If you or someone you know has been injured in an accident, it is important for you to be aware of your legal rights. Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer, it is arguably the best decision that can be made in handling your case.
What does a personal injury lawyer do?
1. Personal injury lawyers have built their practice on these types of cases, and they can tell you from the beginning whether to pursue legal action. If you are unlikely to win your case, an attorney will tell you beforehand, thus saving you time and expenses.
2. Usually, attorneys work with a team that has experience and expertise in specialized areas. The investigative team can spend the time and resources on your case that most people cannot afford to spend by themselves.
3. Lengthy and complicated trials are often not necessary to resolve a case. Having a lawyer handling your case opens up the possibility of an alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
4. Some personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and do not collect any fees unless your case is won. However, without an attorney, you are responsible for certain expenses that are not related to attorney services (such as medical bills).
5. Attorneys are used to working directly with insurance companies, so they are more adept at understanding the workings of insurance corporations and will not be confused by their tactics nor will they feel pressured to settle for a less than satisfactory sum.
6. The desired result of a personal injury case is a settlement that will leave the injured person in a better position financially. Personal injury lawyers are especially skilled at negotiating the best settlements possible on behalf of their clients.
These are just some of the many benefits of hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer. If you are interested in more information, feel free to contact our offices at (210) 934-6609. Find out what Pat Maloney can do for you!
Follow The Law Offices of Pat Maloney on Facebook!