Have You Suffered a Serious Workplace Injury?

serious workplace injury doesn’t just hurt your body; it can threaten your finances, too. Not only do you have all kinds of medical bills and expenses to cover, but you’re unable to work, earn an income and make up for all these added costs while you’re down.

Fortunately, all hope isn’t lost. When you suffer a serious workplace injury, you can take the following action:

1. Contact OSHA - While contacting the Occupational Safety & Health Administration won’t get you the money you need to cover your bills or lost income, it will ensure your workplace is made safer, your employer is penalized and your colleagues don’t suffer the same fate as you. Simply head to OSHA.gov, file a complaint and an OSHA inspector will be assigned to your case shortly.

2. Go through workers’ comp - If your employer carries workers’ compensation insurance, then you can file a claim through their policy. You will likely need to see a preferred doctor for your medical treatment if you go this route, and it may take some time to get the money you’re owed. Additionally, there is also a chance they can deny your claim if they think your injury was the result of negligence or some other fault of your own.

3. Secure a workplace injury lawyer - Your other option is to contact a personal injury attorney. They can help ensure you get the workers’ comp funds you deserve or, in the case of denial (or if your employer doesn’t have workers’ comp), they can file a legal claim on your behalf. This could compensate you for your medical bills, lost income, pain, suffering, and more.

Did you or someone you know suffer a serious workplace injury in San Antonio? Then contact the injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Pat Maloney today. We can make sure you get the care and compensation you rightfully deserve.