As a long-time auto accident attorney, San Antonio, I’ve worked with hundreds—possibly thousands—of clients over the years. And while every case is different, there’s one question I get, without fail, from every single client I see: “How much can I get?”
Naturally, compensation is the primary concern for most of my clients. Unfortunately, there’s no hard-and-fast answer to this question. While I can certainly guesstimate the amount your case will garner you, to determine a more accurate number I will need a little more detail first. Specifically, I’ll need to know:
- The repair bills from your auto shop – How much did you have to pay to repair your car after the accident? In the event that your car was totaled, I’ll need the make, model, and year so I can determine the Kelly Blue Book value for it.
- Statements from your insurance company – What did insurance cover or not cover after your accident? What did the other driver’s insurance cover?
- Your medical bills and receipts – How much were you charged for ER visits, ambulance transport, treatments, medications, surgeries, and diagnostics?
- Your medical records from your doctor – What is the overall outlook for your condition? Will you need further medical treatment? And if so, how much is that going to cost?
- Details on other losses – Was another property damaged in the wreck? Did you lose or have to replace any possessions in your vehicle?
All of these factors will play a large role in the total amount you will be compensated. In some situations, you may even be due punitive damages if the other driver was particularly reckless or negligent (as in drunk-driving cases.)
If you were recently in a car accident and want to get an estimate on how much a legal claim could garner in your specific situation, contact the San Antonio personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Pat Maloney and speak to a qualified auto accident attorney, San Antonio.